Attention:

ATTENTION: I am no longer posting on this blog. Please come visit me on my NEW website LeopardCouture.Com :) Have a great day!!

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

A Closet Essential: The Ankle Boot

Good morning! Today's post is gonna be about some recent ankle boot purchases! I just love them so much I had to share them you! My obsession with ankle boots started early fall, and it has only grown.. Ankle boots are so chic, fashion forward and an essential to your wardrobe! I wear them to work, to dinners, errands, the bar..really they are super versatile! I love the look of a thicker heel, plus they are more comfortable to walk in that way!;) Obviously you can't go wrong with a black pair as they go with everything, but it's always nice to range out to other neutral colours. I'll be showing you close ups, reasons to why I love them so much, and the links to purchase them down below! Also, I will be doing some outfit posts in the near future where I'll show you how I style them, so stay tuned!:)

ALDO

This first pair is from ALDO! They are leather with a rubber sole, and have a 3-1/4 inch heel. I absolutely love the gun metal zipper detailing on these. Since it's a gun metal colour, it gives me the option to style it with either gold or silver jewelry. When I zip them to the top however, it rubs against my ankle bone (ouch), so I wear them a little zipped down so they don't bother me!:) I prefer the look of them that way too! Also, I'll let you know the zipper makes a bit of noise when you're walking, but that wasn't a deal breaker for me as I got used to it real quick! They are the most comfortable out of the 3, and the easiest to pair with my outfits! I recommend going up half a size and putting in some insoles for a little extra cushion! PS: I got these for 50% off on Boxing Day (woohoo!) but they are back to regular priced now. I would wait a little, as they might go on sale again!;) 




Aldo: $130 (Get it HERE)


BCBG

The second pair are these adorable taupe leather suede lace up booties! They are almond toe shaped, 3-1/2 inches, and have a great cushion built inside! Since they are suede, make sure to keep them protected by spraying them down before you wear them out! Since the colour is so light they can get dirty easily so avoid wearing them on rainy days. In person, the colour of these boots are a little darker/ more brown looking! Again, super comfortable and I cannot wait to style them in the Spring as well with light wash denim and whites!:) I have no complaints about these shoes at all, and ummm BCBG booties for $80?! Yes please!!




The Shoe Company: $175 $80 (Get it HERE
Check the location at Hillside Mall as they still have more sizes there!:) 



MATERIAL GIRL 

My last pair are by Material Girl, and they are such a sexy bootie! These are definitely more of a night-time pair with the chunky metallic heel and 4 inch height! This makes it a little more difficult to walk in as there is no cushioning or platform. They were too good of a price and way too cute to pass up though! With these boots, I wear the tiny socks that are meant for flats, because of the front slit (love that it has that detailing, to show a peak of skin)! I've worn them out once to the bar with my new biker/ faux leather jacket (which I still need to show you) and absolutely loved the edgy look to it! I would recommend wearing these on a night when you want your shoes to do the talking but not the walking;) 




Hudson's Bay: $99 $42 (Get it HERE)

 Hope you enjoyed this post, and thank you for reading!!xo 


No comments:

Post a Comment